The most common question I get asked is how you can use the blog or news page on your website to engage with current customers and to develop new leads.
There are a few simple rules that you need to follow when you’re creating or curating content that will ensure you shine like an online marketing star! So read on to learn more…!
- Grab the attention of your audience. This comes from creating a subject title that makes them want to click on a link to… read more. To do that you really need to answer the question “What’s in it for them?” Are your target audience going to a) learn something? Or b) receive something? (It needs to be valuable to them).
- Introduce your subject. Why is your audience going to continue to read your article….? I’m hoping that the line… “There are a few simple rules that you need to follow when you’re creating or curating content that will ensure you shine like an online marketing star! So read on to learn more…!” convinced you to do exactly that. You now know that I’m offering you some simple tips that will help you gain some traction in your content marketing.
- Solve a problem. Firstly identify the problem your clients or customers have. I’ve already established that “What shall I write?” is a question I frequently get asked… So hopefully I’m solving a problem you have by writing this article about how and what to write.
- Learn to identify the difference between the features and the benefits of your product or service. All effective marketing communication needs to focus on the benefits, rather than just the features, of your product or service.
The features of your product or service are what it does and how it is made up. I’m talking about specifications and materials.
The benefits are what the product or service does for your customer.
As an example, I offer a consulting service. This service features web support, social media support, print, design and branding expertise. This benefits you by putting your business centre stage and helping you connect digitally with your clients in an effective and engaging manner.
If you’re selling juices you’ll want to tell people about the ingredients that go into the juice, but more importantly you’ll want to let them know how each specific ingredient will be beneficial to their health.
So here’s an illustration of that…“Our “love your liver” juice, contains beetroot, lemon, carrot and parsley. Each of these ingredients helps with liver function. Your liver is one of the hardest working organs in your body. It is responsible for over 500 functions, and performs essential roles in your metabolism, immune system, digestive system and detoxification system. Our “love your liver” juice can brighten your skin, reduce bloating and give your energy levels a boost – enjoy!”
- Lead your customers by the hand. Always include a clear call to action in your content marketing, what step would you like your customers to take once they have read your article? Would you like them to buy your product, contact you, or sign up for your newsletter… I’d like you to sign up for mine so I can send you more useful tips and information on content marketing and digital strategy. Please scroll down and enter your email… Thanks!