Google 2FA Authenticator is becoming increasingly popular with many login processes including financial transactions, and always used with Katecoote websites logins.
To take full advantage of your websites security you will firstly need to download the app, from either Apple or Google Play Store. (A download link for your devices store is also available when you tick bullet 2 below).
Once it is loaded on your device follow the guidelines below to use it in conjunction with your websites’ 2FA (2 factor authorisation). This 2nd level of security ensures that no amount of digital brute force will allow others to access your website through the front door
- Go to the Dashboard>Users>Your Profile
- Scroll down the page and tick the boxes exactly like the screenshot below. Be aware that ticking the box will bring up your QR code:
- Open the Google 2 FA app on your phone and select the +
- Select Scan Barcode at bottom of screen
- Point your phone at the QR code that opened when you checked the Mobile App (enabled)
- Once enough of the QR code is within the green box above, your phone screen will change and display a 6 digit code, similar to the image below
- Your phone will now have a set of numbers that change every 30 secs. This is your self generating security code associated with your website login.
- Whilst still on your profile page, enter that set of numbers (without spaces) into the box called ‘Authentication code’ (see below) and then click ‘verify’. (You need to do this before the number changes on your phone. It will then come up with a ’Success” message.
- Lastly, go to the bottom of the page and click save. (This step is not time critical).If at any time you want to redo this then just below the ‘Authentication code’ is a Generate new secret button that allows you to restart
Once the above is complete when you next log in you will have the option to:
- use the generated code on your phone app (Faster)
- select Email and you’ll get the numbers to your email as you presently do (Slower)