Email marketing and building a strong database is crucial to your business success.
You may be starting out, growing your business or preparing to sell your business. No matter which of these stages you are at on your business journey an email marketing list will always add value to your organisation.
Here are five tips that you can employ today, to help you build your email marketing list.
- Add a sign up form to your website – Remember it takes a lot for your prospects to part with their email addresses, so tell them what they’ll get in return. It might be tips or advice. If you sell a product or service, you could run a subscriber draw once a month. If you use a “pop-up” sign up form, please put some consideration into the design. Give your visitors the option of clicking “No thanks” or provide an easy way for them to close the pop-up. Once your visitors have made the decision to accept or decline your offer, please respect this and don’t schedule your pop-up to come up more than once. This will only annoy your visitors and you will likely lose them altogether.
- Add a “sign up” link to your email signature – If you’re already in contact with your prospect, you have more chance of eliciting their subscription to your email marketing list. Remember it’s more cost effective to turn an existing contact into a customer than to acquire a new customer altogether.
- Create a contest or sweepstakes on Facebook – Include a “Sign Up for News” option as part of the competition’s entry form. Past experience has shown me that this is one of the fastest ways to grow your email marketing list quickly.
- Collect email addresses offline – Networking events are a great way to build your email marketing list. If you have a physical premises, ask every prospect who walks through the door whether you can stay in touch with them. Have sign up forms at your reception or sales desk. Once again it helps to let them know the benefits of subscribing, these may include special customer evenings or discounts and perks at certain times of the year.
- Work with a partner – Run a promotion with a business whose services complement yours,
If you have found this article interesting please subscribe to my newsletter, you’ll find a sign up form HERE.