Since I’ve been networking for business in Chichester, one of the questions I am often asked is how to write the perfect post and whether there is a blogging recipe that can be followed. My honest answer is always the same…
Whilst there may be a basic recipe you can work from, like all great chefs you need to develop your own flair by adding a “pinch of this” and a “dash of that”… In order to create something that is unique and reflects your brand or business.
However, here are some blogging recipe guidelines you can follow…
- Plan your menu – Think about what’s in season. In other words, think about what is current and topical in your industry. Consider how you can delight your guests with the freshest produce you can bring to the table.
- Extend the invitation – Make this dinner party something your guests want to come to! I’m talking about your headline, you need to pique your guest’s interest to ensure they read your article, and consequently buy your product and/or service. To do this, think about using the elements of helpfulness, curiosity, immediacy, and lists; “top 5” or “top 10” lists always make great headlines.
- Cook with passion – This isn’t supposed to be a chore, you’ve invited these guests to your table, so put your heart into it, the best way to do this is to write about what you love and what you know.
- It’s got to taste great, but it needs to look pretty good too – Bring out the good china and add a little garnish. I’m talking about images, we all know a picture paints a thousand words, and a blog post with great imagery will encourage people to feast more readily on your words.
- Be a thrifty domestic goddess or god – Use the leftovers! You’ve created a great blog post, now re-purpose that content to use through your social channels; or vice versa, you may want to take inspiration from a social update that your audience has loved to create a more in-depth blog post.
Hopefully, this has given you some inspiration to get blogging, but if you’d like more information on how I can help you with copywriting or content marketing contact me HERE. I’m happy to offer a complimentary initial consultation in and around the Chichester area, or via Skype.